100th anniversary ANZAC Day sunrise on North Stradbroke Island
We walked further around the headland after watching the fishermen go out in their boat
Then we climbed up to our favourite vantage point and ate our ANZAC biscuits.
Then we ran back down again and back to the tent for second breakfast.
Well we had to stop a few times on the way to look at, well pretty much everything!
This is the recipe we used for our ANZAC biscuits
1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut flakes
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1. Add flour, sugar, oats and coconut to a bowl
2. Melt butter, syrup in a saucepan with water and bicarb soda
3. Add the liquid to the dry
4. Wet your hands and roll a tablespoon of mix into a walnut sized ball
5. Cook at 175 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Squash them with a tablespoon and they will cool into crunchy biscuits…or sometimes they come out kind of caramel chewy…yummy every time!
mwmmf…sorry shouldn’t type with my mouth full!